Social Science Academic CounsellingWestern Social Science

Medical Accommodation

Western University requires documentation from the medical community for students who require academic accommodation due to medical illness. Students are required to have their physician or health care provider fill out the Student Medical Certificate.

Medical certificates will only be considered for students seriously affected by illness, who can not reasonably be expected to meet his/her academic responsibilities. Medical certificates may NOT be issued for minor illness like colds, non-acute vomiting or diarrhea, menstrual cramps, insomnia or for past illnesses. If the requested accommodation is related to a death in the family, please see your Academic Counsellor directly.